The English Majors’ Weblog is accepting guest bloggers. Our audience is looking for information that includes ‘English’ happenings both inside and outside of WKU—events and experiences both off and on campus. What’s happening in the world of English majors, their personal experiences, words of encouragement, tips—whatever helps give our readers insights into an English major’s life.
Please read the guidelines and checklist below before submitting.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Guest Blogger”. Pieces should be saved in .doc or .docx format.
1. We reserve the right to edit submissions before publication to ensure that they are appropriate for the English Majors’ Weblog. If needed, posts may be edited for grammar and spelling. The piece will then be returned to the author for rewrite until both parties are satisfied.
2. Length should be no more than 1000 words. In regards to language, keep in mind that you are not writing a scholarly paper. Please maintain your own voice (minus profanity).
3. Media (images, videos, audio, etc) are accepted where reasonably placed. They MUST have attribution.
4. Links are also accepted, and encouraged. Show our readers where you got your information or where they can read further on the topic. You may also link back to the English Majors’ Weblog. (There may be times when we add these ourselves.)
5. You are not required to reply to comments made on your post, but are welcome do so.
6. At the beginning of the post, we will provide a brief introduction of the author and topic. This will occur on the first time that you guest blog with us; we can link back to that original post if you join us again.